USTA Girls' 16s & 18s Nationals
Girls 16s: Saturday, August 1 - Saturday, August 8.
Registration - Friday, July 31
Girls 18s: Sunday, August 2 - Sunday, August 9.
Registration - Saturday, August 1
Entries open on Thursday, May 21.
Entries close on Thursday, July 2 at 11:59 am ET.
In 2015, the USTA National Championships will have a 192 draw. There will be no qualifying tournament.
Main Site: George E. Barnes Family Jr. Tennis Center
4490 W. Point Loma Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92107
Secondary Sites: San Diego State University Varsity Courts
University of San Diego
Press release - June 27, 2015
Katrina Adams, USTA President, will be the speaker during the opening ceremonies.
Chanda Rubin will be the speaker at the Final 8 dinner. She is the winner of 17 WTA titles (seven singles and 10 doubles).
Hotel information for 2015.
The Direct Acceptance List (Selection Process) is new in 2015.
The College Coaches' Forum will be held on Saturday, August 1.
HD Video - Matches played at the Barnes Tennis Center will be recorded in HD video and be available for purchase.
Some comments from the 2014 tournament:
- This is the nicest tournament I have been to all year. The player services were unbelievable and the massage and trainers helped tremendously.
- The strongest aspect of this tournament is with the administration.
- Good communication and information prior to the tournament.
- Thought the SD staff did a great job, especially considering the rain!!
- Exposure to college coaches was amazing.
Be sure to check out the mobile web page for this site
on your mobile phone or tablet.
Tournament History and Information:
The USTA Girls’ 16s Nationals has been directed by Youth Tennis San Diego (YTSD) since 1990. This year will be the 26th anniversary of this event in San Diego, and 2015 marks the sixth year of the combined G16s – G18s event at the Barnes Tennis Center. As the largest and most important junior girls’ tennis event in the United States, the USTA National Championships field consists of two draws selected from the top players who enter the event. The participants represent every USTA Member Section and almost every state in the USA.
Road to the US Open:
The Champions of both events receive Wild Card* entries into the US Open in New York.
- Girls' 16s Champion receives an entry into the US Open Junior Main Draw.
- Girls' 18s Champion receives an entry into the Women's Main Draw. The Champion also receives a Wild Card* into the US Open Junior draw (provided they are age eligible to compete).
- Girls' 18s Finalist receives an entry into the US Open Qualifying Draw.
- Girls' 18s Doubles Champions receive entry into both the US Open Women's Main Draw and the US Open Junior Doubles Draw (provided they are ITF Jr. age eligible).
Youth Tennis San Diego:
*Only those players who have not expressed an interest to compete for another country or have not represented another country in ITF team competition are eligible to receive the wild cards listed above. Players must have made every effort to become eligible to compete for the USA.
The USTA Girls’ Nationals is the most prestigious of over 40 tournament events held at the Barnes Tennis Center each year. The Center is owned and operated by Youth Tennis San Diego, a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization that has been in existence since 1952. The YTSD Mission is: "To promote the educational, physical, and social development of all youth through organized tennis and educational activities. Our community programs encourage youth participation, personal integrity, leadership, and competitive spirit in a friendly environment that builds responsible citizens.” If you would like more information on sponsoring this event or volunteering, please contact the Barnes Tennis Center at 619-221-9000619-221-9000.
News about the USTA Girls' 16s &18s can also be found on Facebook & Twitter!
2014 photos by J. Fred Sidhu, Nancy Kutner
and Your Game Face